(1) It was a tragedy that no one saw coming,
A few minutes before, singing and humming.
(2) It was a tragedy that defined us anew,
The options in our lives were cut down to few.
(3) It was a tragedy that made us grieve,
One of us was much too young to leave.
(1) It was the fart to end all farts,
The smell stopped all of our skipping, young hearts.
(2) Its greatness made us see:
Made us pursue a flatulence degree.
(3) One of us found it funny,
Choked on a laugh, such a young sonny.
Our lives were changed by this event
For better or worse, because of a scent.
We can no longer go back,
To a time before the fateful gas attack.